public inbox for pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com
From: Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht@proxmox.com>
To: PVE development discussion <pve-devel@pve.proxmox.com>,
	Alexandre Derumier <Alexandre.DERUMIER@groupe-cyllene.com>
Subject: [pve-devel] pve-network : downgrading frr dependency to suggested
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:55:40 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'd downgrade frr-pythontools to a suggestion, as Debian has install-recommends
on by default, so an upgrade would pull FRR always in, if we add a dependency
for our SDN package to e.g. pve-manager, and FRR daemon is quite noisy IIRC.

Would that be fine for you? A short documentation how to install it, or dnsmasq
for getting the DHCP feature, could be added.

For the code it would be nice to add a helper that asserts that frr is installed
for all API endpoints that need it, that way user get informed upfront, similar
to how we do it for ceph (but no full web installer for now ^^)