public inbox for pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pve-devel] [pve-manager] sdn: Adding phpIPAM as IPAM provider
@ 2020-12-09 19:01 Bruce Wainer
From: Bruce Wainer @ 2020-12-09 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PVE development discussion

 Hello,
In your new SDN environment, are there plans for a plugin for phpIPAM? If
not, can you provide any starting points for developing one?
Thank you,
Bruce Wainer

* Re: [pve-devel] [pve-manager] sdn: Adding phpIPAM as IPAM provider
@ 2020-12-10  8:33 ` alexandre derumier
From: alexandre derumier @ 2020-12-10  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

Hi,
phpIPAM is already implemented :)

(currently phpIPAM && netbox)

@ 2020-12-10 21:41   ` Bruce Wainer
From: Bruce Wainer @ 2020-12-10 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion

Great thanks, I thought I had seen it in one of the patches but when I
looked back at some of the more recent submissions it looked like only the
internal IPAM was being implemented at first.
Bruce

@ 2020-12-11 15:17     ` alexandre derumier
From: alexandre derumier @ 2020-12-11 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

The code is already commited :)

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-network.git;a=blob;f=PVE/Network/SDN/Ipams/PhpIpamPlugin.pm;h=6261764ffb5cb9d7b2bc865704ac74663790d860;hb=HEAD

It's not yet released, but I'll keep you in touch for testing if you want.

(I have implement basic things (add/del subnet, add/del ip, find next
free ip), but if you need more options, I could implement them too)

@ 2020-12-11 18:34       ` Bruce Wainer
From: Bruce Wainer @ 2020-12-11 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion

Thank you Alexandre. I will definitely be testing SDN and the integration
with phpIPAM once released.
Looking at the code, it doesn't appear that the MAC of the interface is
being passed into phpIPAM, if this is known then I'd prefer that it be
passed via add_ip and add_next_freeip.
Bruce

@ 2020-12-13 14:20         ` alexandre derumier
From: alexandre derumier @ 2020-12-13 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

On 11/12/2020 19:34, Bruce Wainer wrote:
> Looking at the code, it doesn't appear that the MAC of the interface is
> being passed into phpIPAM, if this is known then I'd prefer that it be
> passed via add_ip and add_next_freeip.

yes, indeed, currently I don't register the mac, but I could add it, no
problem.

(could be used by a dhcp server for example)

I'll send a patch next week, thanks for the report !

* Re: [pve-devel] [pve-manager] sdn: Adding phpIPAM as IPAM provider
@ 2020-12-29 14:22 ` Josef Johansson
From: Josef Johansson @ 2020-12-29 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

AFAIK both phpIPAM and NetBox should be supported as IPAM.

--
Med vänliga hälsningar
Josef Johansson

* Re: [pve-devel] [pve-manager] sdn: Adding phpIPAM as IPAM provider
@ 2021-01-04 11:42   ` aderumier
From: aderumier @ 2021-01-04 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion

Hi,

currently phpipam && netbox are already implemented (+internal pve ipam
for small setup) :)

I'm going to send new patch serie soon. (currently working on tests
units)

@ 2021-05-02 18:49     ` Samuel Lorch
From: Samuel Lorch @ 2021-05-02 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

Hello,

would it be possible to write Custom Plugins without recompiling any
Proxmox Packages?

At work we have a custom IPAM System and it would be of massive help if
i could just put a self written Plugin into some directory and it would
be available for use as a IPAM provider.

Thanks,

Samuel Lorch

* Re: [pve-devel] [pve-manager] sdn: Adding phpIPAM as IPAM provider
@ 2021-05-03  5:21       ` Thomas Lamprecht
From: Thomas Lamprecht @ 2021-05-03  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion, Samuel Lorch

Hi,

On 02.05.21 20:49, Samuel Lorch wrote:
> would it be possible to write Custom Plugins without recompiling any Proxmox Packages?

There's already patches for that on the list, so that is planned:
https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2021-April/047999.html

> At work we have a custom IPAM System and it would be of massive help if i could just put a self written Plugin into some directory and it would be available for use as a IPAM provider.

Sure. But I'll wait until IPAM client support is committed and we got
some feedback on that to ensure the API as is can stay for a while.

While Alexandre copied over the APIAGE and APVERSION mechanism we have
in our storage plugin, and thus we can "break" that controlled I'd still
like to avoid doing so immediately (extensions can be fine by bumping
both, version and age).

cheers,
Thomas