public inbox for pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pve-devel] Proxmox 7.0 beta to 7.0-8 - Now unable to start VM - cgroup isn't numeric?
       [not found] <CAMnnoUK8KCAANZfav37or8t0f-hBRi2w32QVsb1n4V=siMnE8g.ref@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-07-07  9:44 ` Victor Hooi
From: Victor Hooi @ 2021-07-07  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PVE development discussion

Hi,

I recently upgraded from the Proxmox 7.0 beta, to the latest 7.0-8 release.

However, when I try to start a Windows VM that I created before, I now get
the following error:

Argument "cgroup v1: 1024, cgroup v2: 100" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=)
> at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 5312.
> TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Value
> specified in CPUWeight is out of range

Did something change between the beta and the release? Is there any way to
fix the above?

Thanks,
Victor

* Re: [pve-devel] Proxmox 7.0 beta to 7.0-8 - Now unable to start VM - cgroup isn't numeric?
@ 2021-07-07 10:10   ` Thomas Lamprecht
From: Thomas Lamprecht @ 2021-07-07 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion, Victor Hooi,
	PVE development discussion

Hi,

On 07.07.21 11:44, Victor Hooi wrote:
> I recently upgraded from the Proxmox 7.0 beta, to the latest 7.0-8 release.
>
> However, when I try to start a Windows VM that I created before, I now get
> the following error:
>
> Argument "cgroup v1: 1024, cgroup v2: 100" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=)
>> at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 5312.
>> TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Value
>> specified in CPUWeight is out of range
>

> Did something change between the beta and the release? Is there any way to
> fix the above?

A qemu-server version with a regression made it to the pvetest repository just
a bit ago, fixed now with qemu-server 7.0-9 that super seeded it.

* Re: [pve-devel] Proxmox 7.0 beta to 7.0-8 - Now unable to start VM - cgroup isn't numeric?
@ 2021-07-07 11:34     ` Victor Hooi
From: Victor Hooi @ 2021-07-07 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Lamprecht
  Cc: Proxmox VE development discussion, PVE development discussion

Gotcha - thanks for the quick fix!

I am using the pvetest repository.

Do you know roughly how long that will take to hit the repositories?

(I just did an apt update, and it doesn't seem to have picked up a new
qemu-server version yet).

@ 2021-07-07 12:37       ` Thomas Lamprecht
From: Thomas Lamprecht @ 2021-07-07 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion, Victor Hooi

On 07.07.21 13:34, Victor Hooi wrote:
> Do you know roughly how long that will take to hit the repositories?

should have been already available at time I wrote my reply.

off-topic: We switched all mailing lists over from pve.proxmox.com to their own
host at lists.proxmox.com a bit ago, while mails to the old address still get
forwarded it can easily result in duplicate ones if one replies with "Reply All"
and does not checks for that, like I forgot in my first answer.
The new address would be pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com would be great if you could
use the new one in the future (same for pve-user list) - thx!