public inbox for pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pve-devel] Compiling PBS on arm64
@ 2020-12-04 15:21 Kamil Trzciński
From: Kamil Trzciński @ 2020-12-04 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pve-devel

ARM64 is becoming increasingly popular, especially that PBS seems at least
for my usage-pattern to be ideal to run on my arm64 NAS. In the end
I want to try to be able to recompile everything for arm64 and see how
nicely
it works there.

But first I decided to try to compile all packages for `amd64`. And I'm
scratching my head
to try to do that. This proves to be super hard due to multitude of
dependencies that are backported,
unordered, and require a very special set of commands to be executed
depending on a git repo
since PBS is rust-based.

Do you maybe happen to have a comprehensive guide that allows you to
compile everything
from the scratch without the use of `/devel` repo, ideally with some kind
of CI scripts that would do this heavy lifting?

Kamil Trzciński