public inbox for pve-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* Re: [pve-devel] Groups for OpenID Connect?
@ 2021-12-24 10:14 Dietmar Maurer
From: Dietmar Maurer @ 2021-12-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Hooi; +Cc: Proxmox VE development discussion

> This endpoint here would be Google Workspace (i.e. Google's OIDC provider).
>
> Currently, in the Proxmox LDAP sync - it translates Google Groups (in the Google Workspace domain) into LDAP groups, which is what we want.
>
> I'm not too familiar with the OIDC - I do know that Google Workspace has it's own APIs to lookup group membership:

OIDC does not provide any snyc protocol, so this kind of thing is impossible.

* Re: [pve-devel] Groups for OpenID Connect?
@ 2021-12-24  7:20 ` Josef Per Johansson
From: Josef Per Johansson @ 2021-12-24  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion, Victor Hooi

Hi,

I have started to look at authentik.io, seems quite nice.

Sent from Nine
________________________________
From: Victor Hooi @ 2021-12-24  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dietmar Maurer; +Cc: Proxmox VE development discussion

Hi,

This endpoint here would be Google Workspace (i.e. Google's OIDC provider).

Currently, in the Proxmox LDAP sync - it translates Google Groups (in the
Google Workspace domain) into LDAP groups, which is what we want.

I'm not too familiar with the OIDC - I do know that Google Workspace has
it's own APIs to lookup group membership:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16601699/determine-whether-user-is-group-member

https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/v1/guides/manage-groups#get_all_member_groups

It sounds like that might have to be added into Proxmox, though?

Thanks,
Victor

@ 2021-12-24  6:22 Dietmar Maurer
From: Dietmar Maurer @ 2021-12-24  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion, Victor Hooi

       [not found] <CAMnnoUJURoL9+hPix-J4b76DRXWSh9SKnDhwoES1C5cQR9x5wg.ref@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-12-24  5:37 ` Victor Hooi
From: Victor Hooi @ 2021-12-24  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox VE development discussion

Hi,

We were previously using LDAP sync to synchronise our Proxmox user/group
database against a Google Workspace test domain.

I noticed there's new OpenID Connect support now in Proxmox, which is super
exciting =).