public inbox for pbs-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pbs-devel] Create a ZFS filesystem upon datastore creation
@ 2022-06-27  8:20 Mark Schouten
From: Mark Schouten @ 2022-06-27  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pbs-devel

Hi,

We run a few PBS servers with a lot of datastores, ZFS based. While PBS
can create zpools, it currently cannot create a ZFS datastore when you
create a datastore via the API.

Currently we have a script to create users and datastores and with the
corresponding ZFS filesystem:
1: Create PBS user
2: Create ZFS filesystem for this user (we set the quotum here)
3: Create a ZFS filesystem for this datastore, inside the users
filesystem
4: Create the datastore

As we’re going to implement PBS-as-a-service into our portal, I would
like to know if it’s feasable to make the API create a filesystem when
you create a datastore, or is the general feeling that this should not
be inside PBS’ scope?

Regards,

—
Mark Schouten, CTO