public inbox for pbs-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pbs-devel] EXTJS build
@ 2024-08-21  6:32 Turkijan
From: Turkijan @ 2024-08-21  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox Backup Server development discussion

are there any way to run and build just ui part from PBS source?
I mean Extjs project in www folder.
Anyone let me know.
Regards

* Re: [pbs-devel] EXTJS build
@ 2024-08-21  7:06 ` Hannes Laimer
From: Hannes Laimer @ 2024-08-21  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox Backup Server development discussion

On Wed Aug 21, 2024 at 8:32 AM CEST, Turkijan wrote:
> are there any way to run and build just ui part from PBS source?
> I mean Extjs project in www folder.
> Anyone let me know.
> Regards

Hey,

if you want to deploy it on the same system where the code is then
```
cd www
make install
```
should work. If you want to install it on a different system just build
the `.deb` file with `make deb`, the alternative is very likely not
worth the effort.

Best regards
Hannes

* Re: [pbs-devel] EXTJS build
@ 2024-08-21  9:05   ` Turkijan
From: Turkijan @ 2024-08-21  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox Backup Server development discussion

Are there any other way to do this? like using xampp or npm

On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 2:07 AM Hannes Laimer <h.laimer@proxmox.com> wrote:

> On Wed Aug 21, 2024 at 8:32 AM CEST, Turkijan wrote:
> > are there any way to run and build just ui part from PBS source?
> > I mean Extjs project in www folder.
> > Anyone let me know.
> > Regards
>
> Hey,
>
> if you want to deploy it on the same system where the code is then
> ```
> cd www
> make install
> ```
> should work. If you want to install it on a different system just build
> the `.deb` file with `make deb`, the alternative is very likely not
> worth the effort.
>
> Best regards
> Hannes

* Re: [pbs-devel] EXTJS build
@ 2024-08-26  9:08     ` Dominik Csapak
From: Dominik Csapak @ 2024-08-26  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox Backup Server development discussion, Turkijan

On 8/21/24 11:05, Turkijan wrote:
> Are there any other way to do this? like using xampp or npm

just fyi, the ui of pbs/pve/etc. are just combined js files, no bundler
or anything needed..

we just have a more or less static html index file (see index.hbs) which
loads the extjs framework js file, the proxmox-widget-toolkit one
and the project specific one

the make file just `cat's` the files together in a single javascript file

hope this helps