public inbox for pbs-devel@lists.proxmox.com
From: Roland <devzero@web.de>
To: Mark Schouten <mark@tuxis.nl>,
	Proxmox Backup Server development discussion
	<pbs-devel@lists.proxmox.com>
Subject: Re: [pbs-devel] Slow overview of existing backups
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 11:02:58 +0100	[thread overview]

hello,

yes, this is really slow, i even observed timeouts (backup list simply
won't appear without any notice) when querying pbs while another node is
running a backup

 > I have the feeling that when you request an overview now, all
individual backups are checked, which seems suboptimal.

yes, but did you know that zfs metadata caching sucks and this may also
be one reason for slowness?

see https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/12028

there is improvement on the way:

https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/14359