public inbox for pbs-devel@lists.proxmox.com
* [pbs-devel] PBS and multiple clsuters
@ 2022-01-12 11:14 David Lawley
From: David Lawley @ 2022-01-12 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pbs-devel

* Re: [pbs-devel] PBS and multiple clsuters
@ 2022-01-12 11:47 ` Thomas Lamprecht
From: Thomas Lamprecht @ 2022-01-12 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Proxmox Backup Server development discussion, David Lawley

On 12.01.22 12:14, David Lawley wrote:
> Just a note and others may have found a way to work with this.. And I feel sure
> its nothing that has gone unnoticed.
>
> If I have 2 or more proxmox environments, you can have multiple VMs with same
> name, such as vm/102
>
> Would be nice to have a method to determine what cluster the backup belongs to.
>
> I have restored a VM to the wrong cluster before.

Not really sure what the actual question or statement here is, but a namespace
feature is on the roadmap:

https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap#Roadmap

cheers,
Thomas

* Re: [pbs-devel] PBS and multiple clsuters
@ 2022-01-12 13:14   ` David Lawley
From: David Lawley @ 2022-01-12 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Lamprecht, Proxmox Backup Server development discussion